Friday, March 26, 2004

a of all:

I'm in NYC, hoping to accomplish many things on this trip. Very much looking forward to seeing a woman I met a short while back and get to know her a little better.

and here's where I'm a bit confused, I sent her an email with my schedule the other day, and she calls and leaves a message on my cel phone (seemingly a good sign) while I'm on the plane. She said:

"I'd be happy to meet you this week."

NOT.

"I look forward to seeing you."

NOT.

"It'd be great to see you."

but "I'd be happy to meet you."

now, we've yet to make our schedules mesh, so who knows for sure.... but this seems like a specific choice of words, the parsing of a socially constructed barrier to flirting. Which is odd, because a month ago we were TOATALLY CHECKING EACH OTHER OUT, and maybe I was smoking Ozzy Crack or something, but we already began a flirting process, and it was promising.

so, does this formal distance strike anyone else as odd?

or am I over reacting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home