Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Peeve of the day

When I add petrol to my horseless carriage, it's usually a one person operation.

Of course there are machines involved:

Gas Pumps
Telcom lines
Credit card server farms
etc.


but what really confuses me is why when the petrol/money transaction is done, and I've not felt the presence of another being during the entire duration of said transaction, the machine tells me that :

"It is our pleasure to serve you, please come again."

WHO ARE YOU??!?!?!?

Mr. Speilberg aside, unless there is a cadre of scientists buried in a cave somewhere who know something that I don't, machines are unable to derive pleasure from anything.
{The following is a Rhetorical Query}
Is Texamobilexonell trying to trick me into believeing that their machines are prescient? Just like the media always attempts to portray machines as more endowed than they really are?

Or are they just stupid/sloppy?

cmon folks, give it up. We're on to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home