Monday, February 24, 2003

so yesterday I headed out to the Glendale Galleria to buy a shirt for the party I was going to last night.

and I park my car, and walk about 100' inside the mall, and there's Diane Harrington (or Diane Anderson depending on if she changed her name when she got married, I don't remember)

Now, in the 10th grade I had the *biggest*, most hopeless crush on Diane. She was an amazing, lovely, caring person.... always ready with a 1000 Watt smile.

I've seen her maybe 3 times in the last 14 years.

and there she is with her 2 kids and Husband, Eric (her 11th Grade boyfriend)

So here life is, throwing you one of these FUCKING AMAZING COINCIDENCES, and the divergence of your lives (not to mention the crowded, noisy mall) over the past 14 years gives you little to do but make small talk for a couple of min.

So, Diane, this is for when you Google yourself:
Your kids are lovely, and the fact that you've not lost an iota of the inherent beauty and warmth that I relished when I met you 19 years ago... well, it's wonderful and elicits a rare sort of smile from me. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home