Thursday, December 26, 2002

sea change?

Night Number: Whatever¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ (just cause this machine has Night Number: Whatever¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ (just cause this machine has an oomlau key)

oomlau, meet BenLäu... BenLäu, ömläu.

where was I.... oh yeah. Night. Helsinki. I get into my hotel room, and the TV won't turn off. It's stuck on some sort of Hitler Youth Music Channel, and the hotel info screen saying 'Hello Mr. Robenspiel' in Dutch, cause they all seem to think I'm from The Netherlands on this trip. Even the Dutch themselves..... must be the Glasses



Josh may disagree with me, but I read a couple of things today that give me real hope.


The first is that Reuters (and I hope many other news outlets) have published a piece about the CIA crossing the line with inhumane and torturous interrogations of suspected terrorists.

second is the cover story in this week's Time magazine.

I mean... Fuck dude, If George W would take some time off from pardoning moonshiners and odometer cheats (who got off with probation, no prison time served) and give these women the medals of honour and freedom that they deserve, maybe I would not be so ashamed of people seeing my passport. (you can onöy pretend to be Dutch or Canadian for so long).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home