Sunday, November 17, 2002

I'm Sven. I just woke up, and this is my dream.

I did everything in my power to miss a VERY (if only symbolic) flight.

going from an un-recognized left coast airport to Philly on Alaska. I had:

An incorrect ticket.
Too many Bags. Sverval of which were essentially empty. one of which was a large cooler filled with mostly melted ice and a few half consumed plastic beverage bottles.
Mucho Crap in my pockets
A befuddled but charming attitude.

So I get to the gate with plenty of time. Jeff Curnes is apparently along to help, but he's staying, not flying. I (almost) Deal with the bags and ticket mix up, and go wander the terminal.

Then they are boarding the flight, so I decide that I need drinks and snax (chocolate of course) from the vending machines. John DeShazo was there to help me with my vending purchase.

I realize that I really don't want to carry the cooler on the plane, so I decided to tip it up against a brick wall, and write jeff's name on it with the black sharpie thats in my bag in the hopes that he'll see it and bring it back.

Of course I decide to do this AFTER I'm supposed to board. I've also decided to wait until everyone else is on the plane before I move and write on the cooler.

They close the doors, all the while I screaming WAIT FOR ME!!!!!!... and I'm running down the ramp screaming WAIT! and NO!...

Though it seemed like the ground crew might try and work a miracle, I do not get on the flight by the time I wake up
I wake up screaming NO!!!!!!!!!.


Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home